coach eckert football camps
facilities & directions
Gable Field at Doc Wadley Stadium
Gable Field, named after former NSU President George Warren Gable, has been the home of Northeastern State football since 1915. Gable Field, previously located where the John Vaughan Library parking lot sits today, was relocated to the corner of Grand Avenue and Allen Road in 1964. Doc Wadley Stadium surrounds Gable Field and was formally dedicated on September 10, 2005 after former football head coach D.M. “Doc” Wadley, who served NSU Athletics for many years. Today, Doc Wadley Stadium seats 8,300.